3/25/2005

Love, where the heck are you?

"I love you." I hear this word many times everyday in school, as I walk from one class to another class. After hearing this so many times a day, it makes me wonder: do they actually love each other? While I can't give a definite answer to my question, within a month of two, those couples usually say "I hate you" or "let's break up." I guess the quotes answer my question. With so many "I love you," I really can't find love. Love is not in the air....at least for me.

Love is a very valueable thing for me. I believe that love is a permanent thing. When one is in love with one person, one will love him/her truly and inseparably. For me, love usually ends with a marriage that lasts for one's life time. If marriage ends in divorce, in my view, the couple does not love each other.

Maybe because of my very traditional view of love, I am still trying to find love. I am sometimes disgusted by how people use "love" this word so casually. I view that as a form of hypocrisy. If you do not know what love is, don't use it so lightly.

I like someone for a while. In fact, it came to my mind that i should ask her out. I sent her candies, attended the musical (b/c she was in it :P), and walked to her and asked her out. She rejected my offer. After that, I thought I made a mistake. Do I really love her? I am sure i do like her, and have interest in knowing her better. Yet i asked her out, rather than saying "i want to befriend with you." Even if she agrees to go out with me, will i say "I love you" to her everyday like people do?

I found saying that so fake, and I am an honest person. I don't want to say anything fake to someone I like. Therefore, I think i have disagreed the idea of high school dating. First, it is fake. Second, I am an honest, true person, and falsity is not my favorite game. And Lastly, I have better things to do rather than being fake.

Because I have posed myself in such situation, I guess I have a lot way to go to successfully find love. Love.... Where the heck are you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home